Thursday, March 26, 2009

Just An Update

I have not posted in awhile and I had a few pics to share, so I just thought I would do a quick update!


Everyone is doing well except for some allergies. Phillip is just getting over his "attack" and it looks like I am just starting. It is annoying, but it won't stop me from going to gymnastics tonight! Yes, gymnastics! For everyone who does not yet know I am back in the gym training for 2012. Well, not quite, but we do work pretty hard.


I had taken one adult gymnastics class when we were in Martinsburg and there were several women there, but most were there to gain flexibility or just to do something different. They struggled with cartwheels, handsprings were a very far off goal, and they whined when we did any event other than floor. Our instructor was very nice, but she was not really able to spot adults, so while it was fun I really didn't get the challenges that I was looking for.


A few months ago I sent an email to a local gym asking if they had an adult class and was shocked to hear that they did. I am thrilled to say that it is everything I have been looking for! Jamie, our instructor (I said the word coach in front of Phillip one day and he laughed and told me I was stupid...) is great and I completely trust his spotting and coaching ability. I have actually even learned a new dismount on bars that as a competitive gymnast I never even attempted. We have lots of fun, and they have actually had to turn people away because the class is full. What can I say, I would rather be doing this instead of running on a treadmill.


Phillip and I have also started to go wall climbing about once a week. I don't really see much of a future in that for me, but he loves it and it is good quality time to spend together so I guess I will continue to tempt fate and hope that Phillip doesn't decide to collect on my life insurance policy as he is lowering me to the ground....


Other than that we have just been enjoying life with our doggies, family, and friends!


Here are some pics of my nephews and the newest addition to the family! Don't worry I did not get a new dog. Andie and Tony did! His name is Rocky, he is about a year old, and I think he is more hyper than Bailey ever was! But, he came from a family who did not have time to pay attention to him and I think he will settle down some when he realizes that this is his new (better) home and not just some fabulous vacation!




Cameron and Uncle PipPip


Carson

No comments: