Monday, August 25, 2008

Long Overdue Update

So much has happened since my last entry! It seems like every time I thought about posting I decided to wait because something else was coming up soon that I might as well wait for, or I needed to download pics from my camera and it was upstairs which is much further than it use to be, or I was just to tired/lazy!

Well I will do my best to summarize the last few months...

I am now a pharmacist! I passed both my NAPLEX and law exam on the first tries. It was a huge relief for both myself and Phillip. I still have to remind myself that I don't have to study or do any homework ever again! That and of course the pay raise is nice!

I do miss school no matter how crazy that sounds. I was reading a pharmacy magazine on my lunch one day and turned the page to an article written by two of my professors. I immediately felt this intense sadness because I realized I was stuck in this horrible job (more on that in a minute) and wouldn't be seeing my friends anytime soon :(

Yes, my job sucks. I have great technicians and a wonderful intern, but my partner.........I can not begin to describe how horrible she is. My favorite is when she says other people need psychiatric help. I just can't believe she doesn't see how crazy she is! But it is not only her, many of our customers are huge problems. I have never seen so many CII scripts ( scripts like oxycontin and percocet for you non pharmacy people) in my entire pharmacy career. And they all want a certain manufacture for a certain price. And if you don't have it or tell them it is too soon to fill, you better find your earplugs fast because they love to express their unhappiness.
Enough of bad things! Onto good things!

My house-I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! We are slowly adding furniture, but it will be a long time before the house will be full, and we still haven't hung the first picture. I just enjoy the clean uncluttered look to much right now. It took awhile to get the fence up but Phillip did a great job picking it out and after some help from family got it put up in just two days. The dogs love it and of course we love not having to take them out on leashes all day!

Jocelyn's wedding- I was so excited to see my friends (except for Nancy couldn't come) for the weekend! I don't think Phillip really wanted to go at first, but he had a great time hanging out with everyone and has already asked when we are going back to see everyone.


Phillip's new car- Poor thing had to wait forever (not really) but he finally got to get his car (and I finally get to actually drive my Murano!) He decided on an Infiniti G37 Coupe. It is a KY blue color (not my choice...). He is like a little kid when he talks about it. It is so cute, he thinks everyone is looking at him when he drives by! It is a nice car, but come on, it's no Murano!

Baby Carson!- Sept 14th by sister calls and tells me that she is having contractions but they are not regular or that strong. Good news- it is the start of my 4 days off. Bad news- her husband Tony and Phillip are in Washington DC working and my parents are about 12 hours away helping my brother move. This leaves me..... Luckily my sister is a Weber! It was her first day back at school getting her classroom ready, attending meetings, and meeting her students and their parents during open house that evening, but she made it through the entire day and was still able to eat dinner with me when she came over to pick up her 2 year old from my house. It was about 12:30 am when she called me and told me our husbands were about and hour away, but she didn't think she could wait that long. I told her I would be right over even if it was right in the middle of the women's all-around of the Olympics!!!!! When I got there she was intent on sticking it out to wait on Tony to get home. They finally got home and packed and they were off to the hospital and I was on my way home with my nephew whose only concern at almost 2 in the morning was helping his Aunt Geegee (evidently that is my name, Phillip is PipPip!)make an egg..... After convincing him that we would make an egg in the morning he arranged his stuffed animals in the guest bed and went to sleep, for a little while that is, then he wanted his back rubbed, then he wanted his mommy, then he went to sleep. Then Tony called saying that as soon as they had gotten her checked in she was ready to go and Carson would be born within the hour. I knew at that time she had waited to long and had missed the opportunity to get her epidural that she so badly wanted! But she made it and actually said that she would take this labor over her first in which she had to be induced and pushed for HOURS! Carson was born at 3:20 AM, weighed 8 lbs 10oz, and was 20.5 inches long!



This is Cameron's first look at his brother!
Moving Grandma- This event took place the day after Carson was born. The lucky participants were myself, my brother Eddie, my parents, and of course Grandma. It started off bad and didn't get any better. This was not my parents first trip to help her pack, but evidently their pleas for her to get rid of some stuff and start packing fell on deaf ears.....since she actually hears very little that is probably exactly what happened! It took all day to pack her up and move her from the little trailer she had lived in for more than 40 years but it did get done.
We moved her into her new apartment the next morning, set up furniture, and found things she needed right away, but we left her with her second bedroom full of boxes. My dad went back the next several days and was shocked to see the amount of progress she has made so far! I hope she will be very happy in her new little apartment. It is only 15 min from my parents but she still gets to live in her own area and hopefully meet new people, plus if she decides she doesn't like it she is going to have to find some other people to help her move!

I can't think of anything else at this moment, plus I am tired of typing!

1 comment:

The Miller Family said...

It's about time for an update! Miss you!