Sunday, December 28, 2008

9 Years and Counting!

So I am a little late with this post, but better late than never. As of December 11th, Phillip and I have been married 9 years!

The week before our anniversary Phillip had a trip planned for us, but would not tell me where we were going. I pretty much knew that it was going to be a trip to the Smokies but what I didn't know was that wasn't the real surprise! We got to the cabin after making our now traditional stop at the Apple Barn to eat lunch, I took a conference call, jumped in the hot tub (which made me miss our hot tub that is sitting at our empty house in Mburg), and then started getting ready to go out to eat. We were both on our computers waiting on the other to decide what we wanted to eat when we heard a car drive by. A minute later there was a knock at the door. I said something like who in the world could that be and Phillip said "I don't know come here." I just thought that Phillip wanted me to go to the door with him because he was scared to go to the door by himself...this would not be out of character for him....he actually makes the dogs walk up the stairs after him at night because he is afraid the boogie man will grab his ankles. Anyway, he opened the door and there stood Martha and Chris! I was in shock for like 5 minutes! Phillip had planned the trip around them so that they could spend the 3 nights with us!

We had a great time, but then I had Martha withdrawal and Phillip had Chris withdrawal. I think they need to move closer!




No comments: