Sunday, May 11, 2008

That's Dr. Weber-Roe...

I have officially graduated from pharmacy school!

Years ago I use to write myself a letter at midnight on New Years Eve so that I could read it at the same time the next year. They were very silly letters just wishing myself a good new year and asking if I had accomplished some of the things I had set out to do. A few weeks ago when I was going through an old box I ran across one of those letters. I read it and was amazed at how much I have accomplished since that time. In the letter I asked myself things like had Phillip and I set a date for the wedding, did I have that little black lab puppy that I wanted so badly, and had I decided if I wanted to pursue pharmacy school yet? Well, Phillip and I will be married for 9 years in December, I now have two black labs which I love more than anything, and yes I decided that I would give pharmacy school a try.

It is so hard for me remember what it felt like to be the person that wrote that letter. I remember being afraid to tell the people closest to me that I wanted to apply to pharmacy school because I thought that they would laugh. I remember the amazement I felt when I actually started getting invitations for interviews. I remember after my interview at Shenandoah calling my parents and telling them that this is were I wanted to be. I remember calling my mother in tears when I got the email congratulating me on my acceptance to Shenandoah. I remember the first day of orientation wondering how I would ever make it past the first semester. I remember dreading the start of rotations and then actually enjoying them after I realizing that I had strengths that I never knew I had.
Now that it is all over and done, I will always remember the friends that I have made during my time at the BJDSOP. I will always remember that Phillip stuck with me no matter how hard it was to be so far from home. I will always remember Eli's speech at the hooding ceremony that made us all cry. I will always remember the look on my dad's face when he said "Congratulations Dr. Weber-Roe. " And I will always try to remember that I have strengths that I don't yet know about.

So here is a huge thanks to all of my family, friends, faculty, and coworkers who have been there for me during this roller coaster ride!


No comments: